An ophthalmologist is an eye care specialist. Ophthalmologists are doctors of medicine (MD) or doctors of osteopathy (DO) who have specific training and experience diagnosing and treating eye and vision conditions. Ophthalmologists are qualified to provide comprehensive eye care including medical and surgical eye care.
Shreya Hospital in Ghaziabad is having a specialised team of ophthalmmologist. They offer best clinical types of assistance to keep up with your eye wellbeing. They have expertise in treating all sicknesses influencing your eye health and vision.
An ophthalmologist is qualified to deliver total eye care, meaning vision services, eye examinations, medical and surgical eye care, and diagnosis and treatment of disease and visual complications that are caused by other conditions, like diabetes. As a qualified specialist, an ophthalmologist is licensed by a state regulatory board to diagnose, treat, and manage conditions affecting the eye and visual system.
When would I visit an ophthalmologist?
An ophthalmologist can take care of all your eye care needs, but you should consider working with an ophthalmologist any time you have a serious eye problem that will require surgery or specialized treatment.
Ophthalmologists perform surgery for the following eye problems:
- Cataracts. Normally your eyes are clear. Cataracts happen when your eyes cloud, causing symptoms such as blurred vision.
- Glaucoma. This condition is the second leading cause of blindness in the world. People with glaucoma have optic nerve damage from fluid buildup in the eye.
- Retinal detachment. This is a serious eye condition that happens when your retina, the layer of tissue in the back of your eye, pulls away from supporting tissues.
Conditions when you might seek treatment from an ophthalmologist:
- Age-related macular degeneration. This is a common age-related eye problem that prevents people from seeing what’s directly in front of them.
- Amblyopia (lazy eye). Amblyopia, or lazy eye, occurs when one eye becomes weaker than the other during infancy or childhood. Treatments include an eye patch or glasses.
- Astigmatism. This eye condition causes blurred vision. It’s sometimes treated with laser surgery.
- Corneal disease. These are conditions that can affect your vision by damaging your cornea.
- Diabetes-related retinopathy. Diabetes-related retinopathy is an eye condition that weakens the blood vessels in your retina.
- Farsightedness (hyperopia). People who are farsighted can see objects that are far away but have trouble focusing on close things. Farsightedness is sometimes treated with LASIK surgery.
- Posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). This is a common age-related eye problem that causes you to see “floaters” or flashes of light.
You can maintain your Healthy Eye Conditions:
Regular eye screening is another thing you can do to protect your and your family’s good health. Your eye health can change over time, so it’s a good idea to plan for regular eye examinations.
- All children should have vision screening in a pediatrician’s or family practitioner’s office around the time when they learn the alphabet, and then every one to two years afterward. Screening should begin sooner if any eye problems are suspected.
- Adults ages 20 to 39 should have complete eye exams every five to 10 years.
- Adults between the ages 40 to 54 should have their eyes checked every two to four years
- Adults between the ages 55 to 64 should have their eyes checked every one to three years.
Best Eye Treatment Hospital in Ghaziabad
Shreya hospital is one of the best eye hospitals in Ghaziabad, India, working for the many years towards transforming the way our patients see the world. We believe in providing high quality eye care to all at very affordable prices.
We at Shreya Hospital deliver advanced eye care and specialize in eye surgery in Ghaziabad, India. We have the pioneering technology and highly experienced team of doctors who aim at quick and best recovery of our patients.
Be it surgical or non-surgical treatment options; we offer the best of them at our facility. Till now, we have helped hundreds of people to cherish their dreams of sight.
Eye Disorders and Diseases
There area several eye diseases that can cause serious vision troubles. Some of them are:
It leads to the formation of the dense and cloudy area in one or both eyes. As it develops slowly, this condition makes it difficult for the person to see clearly. Common symptoms a person may experience due to cataract are clouded and dim vision, sensitivity to glare, seeing halos around the lights, double vision, and fading of colors. A cataract surgery can help in curing the condition. Treatments available are Phacomulsification. MICS, FLACS.
It is a disease that can damage the optic nerve and lead to permanent vision loss, if left untreated. In most cases has no symptoms other than gradual loss of vision, it is difficult to self-diagnose it. Hence, it is important that people must get their eye checkup done from an eye hospital in India whenever they experience trouble in vision or Every 1 – 2 years after the age of 40. We can diagnose Glaucoma with advance equipments like OCT, Perimetery, Pachymetry. Treatment with medications or advance surgery.
Also known as pink eye, this disease is caused by a bacteria or virus leading to inflammation of the inner eyelid and the outer membrane of the eyeball. Its symptoms include redness, irritation, tearing, and discharge in or around the eyes. At Shreya Healthcare, we offer the best eye treatment for conjunctivitis while keeping in mind the patient’s present health condition.
This eye-disorder arises when the eyes are not aligned in the same direction. This can be caused due to a nerve injury or dysfunction in the eye muscles. Treatments are available like lasers, and advance surgeries at Shreya eye care.
Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
It blurs the central vision that is used to see detailed things while reading, driving and sewing. Over the time, the blurred area can grow larger leading to blank spots in the central vision. As the name suggests, AMD occurs in older adults. Diagnosis with OCT, FFA available. Facilities for intravitreal injections are available.
Commonest eye problem affecting a large number of people. Vision correction is possible to treat with LASIK procedure and one can remove spectacles.
It is due to diabetes, retina get damaged in this condition. Diagnosis can be done by FFA, OCT and laser treatments are available for this condition.
If a person notices any trouble with vision, they can consult an eye hospital in India for a diagnosis. In case, their result shows the presence of an eye defect, getting early treatment is the best step to ensure a healthy vision.
We at Shreya Hospital, have state-of-the-art clinical care and infrastructure that help us in providing best eye care and treatment to our patients. We offer LASIK (Wave Front & Standard LASIK), Glaucoma Diagnostic Surgery, Eye Ultrasound, Lasers, Squint Surgery, Cornea Diagnostic & Surgery, Retina and Vitreous Diagnostics, and plastic surgery of the eye, low vision aids, Paediatric Ophthalmology, and comprehensive eye examination to our patients.
Renowned as the best eye hospital in India, we also conduct Speciality OPDs for eye care to look after the patients’ preventive and primary healthcare requirement
DR. SUMIT KUMAR
Department – Ophthalmology
Consultation Time : Call Us
Dr. Hemendra Singh
Department – Ophthalmology
Experience: 5+ Years
Consultation Time: Call Us